I’ve been making this delicious salad lately. It is so easy to prepare and has an abundance of colors, flavors, and foods with powerful nutrients like ginger, hemp, flax, and pumpkin seeds.
And of course, there’s always room for our healing plant friend cannabis to make a guest appearance.
-1/2 Napa cabbage [cut into thin long strips]
-1/2 red cabbage [cut into thin long strips]
-1 red pepper [cut into match sticks]
-1 carrot [use peeler to get thin ribbons]
-2 green onions [chopped]
-1 mango [cut into thin long strips]
-1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
SMOOTHIES, VEGGIES AND ‘DANKNOLA’: Try these healthy cannabis-infused recipes
Sesame Ginger Dressing
-1-inch knob of ginger [finely minced]
-1/4 cup ground flax seeds
-1/4 cup hemp seeds
-1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
-1 tablespoon soy sauce
-1 teaspoon sesame oil
-water or olive oil as needed, to thin out dressing
-1 teaspoon cannabis olive oil [or whatever serving size is for your preferred dosage]
LOOKING FOR EDIBLES? These are the best in California’s recreational cannabis market
- Combine all the veggies and mango into one large bowl.
- Dry toast pumpkin seeds on a nonstick pan over medium heat for 2 minutes without any oil. Watch them carefully, as they will start to brown quickly and might even pop a little. Take off heat after browned and allow to cool.
- Put pumpkin seeds into bowl with salad.
- Combine ginger, flax, hemp, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a separate smaller bowl. Adjust ingredient ratios as desired to appeal to your palate. Taste as you go!
- Allow dressing to sit for 2 minutes, as the flax will help it thicken. If too thick and not watery enough to spread and coat salad, then add 1 tsp of water or olive oil at a time, until reaches desired viscosity.
- Pour dressing into salad, mix it up, and serve.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of cannabis olive oil over individually served plates, in order to properly and consistently dose each person. Usually 1 teaspoon = 5-10mg. Read labels, know your own limits and serve yourself accordingly.
You have a beautiful, healthy, abundant canna-Asian Sesame Ginger salad.
It will feature a beautiful rainbow of colors: purple, green, red, orange, yellow.
The seeds will offer extra healthy fats, protein, and minerals (pumpkin seeds have a lot of magnesium!)
And the dressing is delicious while packed full of even more healthy foods that will provide protein, extra fiber, and ginger to make sure everything stays calm and happy in your belly.
Get a little high while getting a whole lot of health. That’s the way I like to canna-roll!
Stephanie Zhu is a freelance writer covering the sectors of health & wellness, cannabis, and sustainability. She is also a healer, a massage therapist, and Reiki practitioner. Learn more about her at themysticdreamer.com, and on Instagram as @themysticdreamer.