The Green Rush Podcast: Dr. Dennis McKenna, Founder of McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy
Advertising Feature: This podcast is from a partner and was not produced by GreenState.
Welcome to the Green Rush, a KCSA Strategic Communications Production, a weekly conversation at the intersection of cannabis, psychedelics, the capital markets and culture.
This week Anne Donohoe and Emmaline Lewis are back for a new episode with special guest Dr. Dennis McKenna, Ethnopharmacologist and the Director and President of the McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy. Dennis joins us this week to discuss his work with the Heffter Research Group and latest projects at the McKenna Academy, including his BioGnosis project in Peru which won “Best Transpersonal Documentary” at the 2023 Psychedelic Film and Music Festival in New York City.
In this episode Dennis shares his insight on the challenges ahead surrounding patient access to psychedelic-assisted therapies, as well as the importance of honoring indigenous knowledge and practices throughout the process of integrating these emerging therapies into the U.S. healthcare system.
If you are interested in learning more about Dennis and the McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy, visit the links in our show notes. Also, be sure to follow Dennis on LinkedIn and check out his new podcast series, Brainforest Café.
So, sit back and enjoy our conversation with Dr. Dennis McKenna of the McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy.
Links, mentions, and socials:
- McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy: https://mckenna.academy/
- Heffter Research Group: https://www.heffter.org/
- Donate to McKenna Academy of Natural Philosophy: https://mckenna.academy/donate/
- BioGnosis: https://mckenna.academy/mka-programs/biognosis/
- BioGnosis: Bridges to Ancestral Wisdom trailer: https://vimeo.com/710890317
- ESPD Educational Courses: https://mckenna.academy/mka-programs/espd/
- Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss: My Life with Terence McKenna: https://synergeticpress.com/catalog/brotherhood-of-the-screaming-abyss-my-life-with-terence-mckenna/
- Brainforest Café Podcast: https://mckenna.academy/mka-podcast/
- Dennis McKenna LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/dennis-mckenna-5931aa1a/
- ICEERS Ayahuasca Defense Fund: https://www.iceers.org/adf/
- Indigenous Medicine Conservation Fund: https://imc.fund/
This episode was hosted by Anne Donohoe and Emmaline Lewis of KCSA Strategic Communications.
Special thanks to our Program Director Shea Gunther.
You can learn more about how KCSA can help your cannabis and psychedelic companies by visiting www.kcsa.com or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with us via our social channels:
X (formerly Twitter): @The_GreenRush
An Advertising Feature means this post did not originate from the newsroom but rather was inspired by the sales department. It is not a paid post, but the sales team and their clients may benefit from increased readership of this relevant content.