5 best CBG flower products available online
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you purchase products featured in this content or purchase from vendors featured here. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.
If you have never heard of CBG before, we’re here to enlighten you. CBG is one of the 100+ cannabinoids that can be found in hemp and cannabis plants. This is a cannabinoid that not all that many people know about, but they definitely should.
CBG has a variety of potential benefits both for your mind and body, not unlike CBD. If you are familiar with CBD, then you already know a little bit about CBG, at least theoretically, because they are similar.
Both are somewhat non-intoxicating and non-psychoactive, yet they have potential benefits that you should pay attention to. Today, we want to figure out what exactly CBG is, how it makes you feel, and what its potential benefits and drawbacks are.
After we do that, we’ll then take a look at the top five options for the best CBG flower that the market has to offer. Let’s get to it and determine whether or not CBG is the next cannabinoid that you want to experiment with.
Blue Moon Hemp Cowdaddy Crush CBG Flower
- CBG hemp flower is legal at a federal level.
- For most, CBG is not intoxicating. It does not get most people high.
- CBG has a variety of potential health benefits worth considering.
A Quick Look at the Best CBG Flower
Here’s a quick look at the best CBG hemp flower on the market right now. These are the top five choices out there.
- Botany Farms Lemon Diesel CBG: Best CBG Flower – Editor’s Choice
- Dad Grass CBG Hemp Flower: Best Organic CBG Flower
- Secret Nature CBD Organic Indoor CBG Flower: Best Sativa CBG Flower
- Botany Farms Lemon Diesel CBG Pre-Roll: Best CBG Pre-Roll Flower
- Half Day Afghani Skunk x The Wife Smokeable: Best CBG and CBD Flower Pre-Rolls
Potential Benefits of CBG Flower
Although more research still needs to be done on this front, CBG does have a variety of potential benefits, both for the mind and body, that are worth looking into. Let’s take a quick look at what these CBG flower effects are.
- CBG may act as an anti-inflammatory agent. This means that it may have the ability to reduce inflammation in the body, such as in relation to conditions like arthritis. It may also be able to help reduce inflammation related to injuries.
- CBG is also thought to be a potential analgesic agent. In simplest terms, this means that it may act as a painkiller. Analgesic agents help to stop pain signals from reaching your brain, therefore reducing the perception of pain.
- CBG may also be able to help reduce nausea and feelings of physical sickness. It may, therefore, also act as an appetite stimulant, therefore having a variety of potential benefits in this sense.
- CBG is also thought to have the potential to reduce anxious and depressive thoughts, as well as to reduce stress. It may be able to affect various hormones in our bodies, such as serotonin, dopamine, and cortisol. Serotonin and dopamine are hormones that make you feel happy, whereas cortisol makes you feel stressed out. CBG may be able to help increase the levels of the first two, while decreasing the levels of cortisol.
- CBG may also have beneficial effects on your gastrointestinal tract, and may even be able to help control symptoms related to a variety of bowel diseases.
Pros & Cons of CBG
Just like any other cannabinoid out there, CBG also has pros and cons that are worth considering, so let’s take a quick look.
- As mentioned above, CBG may have various benefits for the body, mainly pain and inflammation relief, as well as potential benefits for your gastrointestinal tract.
- CBG may also have mental benefits, such as the possible reduction of anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Many people like how CBG is not a psychoactive intoxicant, so it is possible to reap the benefits of it without getting high or intoxicated.
- Another big benefit of CBG is that according to the 2018 Farm Bill, it should be totally legal.
- Although many people like that CBG does not get you high, some people don’t like that aspect.
- CBG may also produce some basic side effects, such as hunger, dry or red eyes, sleepiness, and a dry mouth.
How Does Smoking CBG Flower Make You Feel?
What is really important to note here is that CBG flowers and CBG, in general, are not psychoactive or intoxicating for most people. It is not going to get you high like THC does. It’s not going to induce sensations of extreme euphoria or happiness.
It’s also not going to make you feel super talkative, or social. It also doesn’t produce a body high like indica strains do.
It’s not going to make you feel heavy or lock you into your couch. It is not going to impair your cognitive abilities or motor skills at all, which is something that many people like. You can reap the potential benefits of CBG while remaining functional and alert.
We already discussed the potential benefits, so CBG can make you feel better in general. It has the potential to make you feel a little happier and less depressed, less stressed out and anxious, less nauseous, and less painful too.
CBG vs CBD Flower
First and foremost, both of these are not psychoactive or intoxicating for most individuals. Furthermore, CBD is a major cannabinoid, whereas CBG is a minor cannabinoid, which means that hemp and cannabis plants usually always have much higher levels of CBD than CBG. CBG may be the better option for reducing muscle soreness and migraines, whereas CBD may be the better choice for reducing inflammation.
Best CBG Flower
Now that we know all about CBG, let’s take a closer look at the top five options for the best CBG flower that your money can purchase.
1. Botany Farms Lemon Diesel CBG: Best CBG Flower – Editor’s Choice
Botany Farms always has some of the best products out there, and you really can’t go wrong with this awesome Lemon Diesel CBG strain. As you can probably tell by the name of it, it tastes like lemon and diesel, but also has hints of flowers and cinnamon. It’s definitely quite tasty.
Furthermore, it contains a very respectable 11.6% CBG, which is quite a bit. It’s more than enough for you to feel the effect of it. This product is guaranteed to contain less than 0.3% THC, therefore making it completely legal.
2. Dad Grass Mom Grass CBG Hemp Flower: Best Organic CBG Flower
Dad Grass has this awesome CBG hemp flower known as Mom Grass. Here you get 7 grams of this very high-quality CBG hemp flower, and it even comes complete with organic rolling papers. If you are looking for the best organic CBG flower for sale, this is it.
3. Secret Nature CBD Madras CBG Flower: Best Sativa CBG Flower
If you are looking for some amazing CBD flowers, look no further than this strain, known as Madras. It contains a whopping 15% CBG, so you’re definitely going to feel it. 15% CBG is about as much as you can expect from any hemp flower. It’s definitely going to help relax you and might help melt away some pain as well. If you like flavors of cranberry and orange, you might really like this strain.
4. Botany Farms Lemon Diesel CBG Pre-Roll: Best CBG Pre-Roll Flower
Here’s another great product from Botany Farms! With these pre-rolls, you’re getting that same awesome Lemon Diesel with around 11.6% CBG. The fact that these are pre-rolls just helps make life a little bit easier because you don’t have to roll anything yourself. Of course, it has been third-party tested to ensure that it is both safe and legal.
5. Half Day Afghani Skunk x The Wife Smokeable: Best CBG and CBD Flower Pre-Rolls
Here we have some more fantastic CBG pre-rolls. They are made with a hybrid hemp strain and contain very high levels of CBG, so they should provide you with all the benefits you expect. This product is third-party tested to ensure that it is Farm Bill-compliant. This hemp is also pesticide free and all-natural, plus it is grown in the great state of Illinois.
How We Made Our Top Choices for the Best CBG Flower
Let’s quickly talk about how exactly we made our top choices for the best CBG flower. If you know how we make our choices, you can always make your own choices for any CBG flower strain you see out there.
- We always make sure that all products are completely legal according to the 2018 Farm Bill. This means that we require any product we choose to be third-party and independently lab tested to make sure that they do not contain any harmful materials.
- We always try to choose CBG flower strains that are organically grown in the USA without the use of any pesticides, herbicides, or anything else of the sort.
- Another thing we pay attention to is if the hemp flower in question contains just CBG or also CBD, as well as other cannabinoids. Some flowers may feature combinations of cannabinoids.
- Although it’s not always listed, we always try to choose strains where the CBG content is specified, whether this is 1% or 20%.
- Yes, the strain in question matters as well in terms of the flavor. We always try to choose strains that are quite tasty. We also try to go for a bit of variety, because we know that not everybody likes the same flavors.
- Finally, we do try to pay attention to product reviews and brand reputation. If other people have good things to say, then we’re always willing to give it a shot.
Best CBG Flower: Frequently Asked Questions
Before we call it a day, let’s quickly answer all of your most pressing questions about CBG flowers.
What is CBG Flower?
Generally speaking, CBG flower is a strain of hemp bred to contain higher levels of CBG.
Does CBG Flower Get You High?
No, CBG flower is not psychoactive or intoxicating for most people. It will not get most people high but everyone is different.
Is CBG Flower Legal?
As long as the CBG in question, as well as the flower itself, is hemp-derived, and does not contain more than 0.3% Delta-9 THC, it should be totally legal at a federal level.
Is CBG Flower Safe?
At this point, there is no evidence that CBG flower is unsafe, or at least any more unsafe than other types of hemp or cannabis flower. Smoking anything isn’t overly good for your lungs, but as far as serious or adverse side effects or reactions go, there hasn’t been anything notable reported so far. There may be some mild side effects, but certainly nothing life-threatening.
Conclusions & Final Thoughts
The bottom line here is that even though CBG may only be a minor cannabinoid that doesn’t get you high, it still has many potential benefits for both your mind and body. If you have a lot of pain, have trouble sleeping, or suffer from any of the other conditions that we talked about today, trying some CBG might just be your best bet at living a more comfortable life.
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you click links in this content. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.