11 Best CBG oil products on the market today
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you click links in this content. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.
If you’ve been in the hemp space for a while, you might know about CBD oil. This product has created a buzz in the market due to how easy it is to use and its powerful potential benefits.
Now, other cannabinoids have also been made into tinctures. Some cannabinoids like CBG have also started to gain popularity due to their potential effectiveness in treating certain symptoms.
If you, too, have wanted to learn what the fuss is about regarding CBG oil, we have you covered. In this small guide, we have looked into the basics of CBG-based tinctures, the benefits, pros and cons, and most importantly, our top 11 choices for cannabigerol oil. Let’s get started.
- Cannabigerol, known as CBG, is non-psychoactive for most people and can be consumed in an infused oil.
- Some of the potential benefits of CBG include feeling relaxed, less stressed, and even aiding with pain in general.
- CBG can be useful in treating certain symptoms due to its potential health benefits.
- While cannabigerol has plenty of benefits, it can also be a little pricier than its CBD counterparts.
A Quick Look at the Best CBG Oil
- BATCH CBD Gold Reserve
- Nu Leaf CBG Oil
- FAB CBD Full-Spectrum CBG Oil
- CBDFx CBD + CBG Oil Wellness Tincture
- Dad Grass Goodtime Formula CBD + CBG Tincture
- Binoid CBDa and CBGa Immunity Tincture
- CBDistillery CBG+CBD Tincture Oil 500mg
- Hyve CBD Strawberries Apple CBD+CBG Tincture
- Medterra | CBG+CBD Tincture 1:1 Ratio
- Lazarus Naturals CBG Tincture
- Bluebird Botanicals CBG & CBD Tincture – Uplift Oil Blend
What is CBG Oil?
Let’s start with the basics by breaking this into two parts. First, we’ll start by explaining what CBG is. Cannabigerol, known as CBG, is a somewhat non-psychoactive compound found in hemp.
This cannabinoid is one of the six major compounds in hemp and is considered to be the precursor of other popular components found in the plant, like THC or CBD. Basically, CBG is like the grandmother of all other known cannabinoids, which play a really important role inside the plant.
Now let’s go with the second part, with the oil itself. CBG oil, also known as a tincture, is a hemp-based product that has cannabigerol infused into a carrier oil.
In a way, tinctures are edibles’ cousins. They are absorbed both sublingually and through the digestive system and have stronger effects than smoking, but they are not as long-lasting as infused edible products.
Potential CBG Oil Benefits
Some CBG oil benefits can potentially aid or support different ailments. Let’s quickly examine some of the most common ones thanks to research and this compound’s effects on the nervous system.
- Helpful for Pain: Due to its strong analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, it could aid in reducing certain pain symptoms.
- Aid with Nerve Pain: Thanks to researchers, there’s evidence that cannabigerol could potentially support neuropathic pain. And doing this could help patients suffering chronic symptoms slowly regain their quality of life.
- Support as a Sleep Aid: Thanks to its powerful effects on the endocannabinoid system (ECS), CBG may help cope with stress and, as a result, may improve sleep as well.
- Helps Improve Focus: Thanks to how it can elevate your mood and aid with discomfort, CBG could be helpful to let you focus on important tasks during the day.
- May Help With IBS: Research has shown in animal studies that cannabigerol may help support pain in the digestive system, specifically with colitis (colon inflammation) and other bowel-related symptoms.
In general, due to the interaction of cannabigerol with the endocannabinoid system, CBG oil benefits the regulation of your nervous network, which is responsible for certain functions like hunger or pain.
Pros & Cons of CBG Oil
Before moving to the list of our top choices for CBG oil for sale in the hemp marketplace, let’s take a quick look at some of the general pros and cons of this cannabinoid in tincture form.
- It’s easy to use and dose. Thanks to the droppers that pretty much every product includes, you can easily use cannabigerol-based oil almost anywhere.
- CBG tinctures are discreet. Unlike smoking or vaping, you’ll have an experience that doesn’t involve using smoke.
- Cannabigerol is a great way to try cannabinoids without relying on CBD. If, in the past, CBD was not your cup of tea, this compound could be an alternative without any THC.
- CBG oil can be used in different ways, like added to food and drinks. This makes it a very different experience than gummies or smoking, as you can get as creative or discreet as you want.
- Cannabigerol-only tinctures might be pricier than CBD isolates.
- The CBD and CBG combo might be too strong for some patients. This is why it is important to have a general talk with a healthcare provider before using CBG and CBD with wellness in mind.
How Does CBG Oil Make You Feel?
The effects of cannabigerol are similar to what CBD feels like. While some users describe it as a relaxing experience in both body and mind, others generally feel drowsy, which makes it a good support for certain sleeping symptoms.
That said, other users have felt relaxed without feeling too heavy. This is why some CBG products have also been focused on to aid with concentration, creativity, and focus. Or, when taken together with CBD, they both can target stronger chronic pain symptoms, like those of arthritis.
Generally speaking, you’ll likely experience strong relaxation feelings filled with tranquility. That said, everybody reacts differently depending on the cannabinoid, so start with small doses and always stay hydrated.
How to Take CBG Oil
The best way to take CBG oil is by first having a small dose that you can slowly build up. At first, it is best to start with smaller doses. This is especially important if you try a mixed formula that uses CBD and CBG, as they can boost each other’s effects.
If you plan on taking cannabigerol to support your sleep, you must take the oil at least 30 minutes before going to bed. This gives your body time to absorb and relax and the onset to take effect.
However, if CBG is part of your wellness goals, we always recommend having a talk with your healthcare provider to circle back at the idea first and if CBG or the CBG and CBD combo should work for you.
Best CBG Oil
If you want to try the best CBG oil around, we’ve got a few products that will interest you. Some of the following brands have an incredible-quality extract, have some sort of flavor or special formula, or even have the rare CBG-only isolate.
1. BATCH CBD
As one of the coolest hemp-based Wisconsin brands out there, Batch is a dispensary you’ll want to check out. With fully transparent products, third-party lab-checked, and a full profile in their wellness-oriented hemp catalog, you’ll want to try their Gold Reserve Blend.
The Gold Reserve Blend is a 2:1 full-spectrum formula, with a whopping 4000mg of CB and 2000mg of CBG in a single ounce in the cool-looking, black matte dropper bottle. This dropper comes with three terpenes in its profile flavor, limonene, pinene, and caryophyllene, helping you to relax and enjoy.
- The terpene combo is perfect for relaxing and staying focused
- One of the biggest CBD and CBG content in CBG oils
- Made with organic MCT oil and distilled hemp extract
- Crafted in the US with organic hemp
- Not suitable for rookies
If you want a brand that has all-natural and organic hemp with incredibly high quality, you should really take a look at NuLeaf. And if you want a brand that you can change between dosage and potency, you’ll love their pure CBG Oil product.
Their tincture is one of the best-reviewed in the list, with three different dosages available: 300, 900, and up to 1800mg of CBG per 30ml dropper bottle. With a top-shelf full-spectrum formula, this is a great product if you want a cannabigerol tincture.
- 3 different potencies are available
- Full-Spectrum formula
- Made with organic hemp with third-party lab testing
- No flavor or other ingredients are added
- Full-Spectrum formula might not be for everyone
3. FAB CBD
If over-the-top branding is not your thing, FAB CBD is an incredible brand with simple-yet-effective packaging and cannabinoids that have been featured all around the world. What we love the most is that their simplicity is also part of their high-quality potency and dosage, and their Full-Spectrum CBD and CBG tincture is the perfect example.
This tincture has a 1:1 CBD and CBG full-spectrum tincture with three different flavors available. With 1200mg of cannabidiol and 1200mg of cannabigerol, this tincture is perfect if you want potency with a reliable formula.
- Incredible full-spectrum 1:1 CBD and CBG formula
- Three different flavors are available
- Subscription and 3-pack offers are available
- Incredible cost-potency formula
- It contains both coconut and citrus oils, which are common allergens for some people
If you’ve been in the hemp space for a while, you’ll probably recognize CBDFx. This innovative brand has constantly brought high-quality products together with different cannabinoids over the years, and the CBG in their catalog is very good as well.
This Wellness Tincture has a 2:1 Broad-Spectrum formula, meaning it has two times CBD and a part CBG formula with no THC traces whatsoever. The CBD + CBG Oil Wellness Tincture also has superfood curcumin and the Coenzyme Q10, that mix with a powerful terpene blend for increased absorption and overall efficacy. This product is available in 1000, 2000, 4000, and up to 6000 mg of total cannabinoids.
- No THC formula
- Top-shelf 2:1 CBD and CBG formula
- Terpene blend helps with the absorption
- Organic hemp product
- It might be pricier than some products on the list
5. Dad Grass
Sometimes hemp brands tend to overcomplicate things, but Dad Grass wants to do exactly the opposite and keep things simple with high-quality weed. Their hemp-based products are simple but hit all the right spots, and the Dad Grass Goodtime Formula CBD + CBG Tincture has the right amount of CBD and CBG to let loose after a hard day.
Don’t feel deceived by its simple packaging: the 1:1 CBD and CBG formula from this tincture is very powerful. With 600mg of cannabidiol and 500mg of cannabigerol, this tincture is free of herbicides, pesticides, and contaminants. And with its organic MCT oil as the base with no extra flavorings or taste, this product is perfect for a simple formula that does wonders to let you relax.
- Full-spectrum, organic formula
- No contaminants or extra flavorings
- 1:1 formula with CBD and CBG
- Simple packaging with third-party lab testing
- The coconut oil base could be an allergen
Now, meet one of the biggest hemp-based brands out there: Binoid. As one of the most innovative dispensaries, they have brought their A-game with their CBG products. If you want to try a strong alternative with CBDa and CBGa, the CBDa and CBGa Immunity Tincture is perfect to have a stronger cannabinoid.
This tincture has 2500 mg of total cannabinoids, with 1250mg of CBDa and CBGa each. These two turn into CBD and CBG in the body and work similarly, while also potentially aiding to aid your immune system. So if you want to try a similar yet slightly stronger tincture, you’ll have to try its formula.
- Hefty cannabinoid potency
- Only 1:1 formula with CBDa and CBGa
- Uses MCT oil that’s coconut-based
- Completely natural and hemp-derived
- The price point might be higher than others on the list
CBDistillery is one of the leading brands out there, with effective products with high-quality extracts in their hemp-based catalog. If you want to try a tincture that has top-shelf ingredients but still has the flexibility to adjust the dosage, you’ll want to try the CBDistillery CBG+CBD Tincture Oil.
The CBDistillery product has a CBD and CBG formula at a 1:1 ratio, with 500mg of each cannabinoid in its 30ml dropper bottle. With natural terpenes and a buildable potency, this dropper is perfect for using the entourage effect with both compounds.
- 500mg CBD and 500mg CBG dose
- Full-spectrum formula
- Natural terpenes formula
- Third-party lab results
- The dose can be a little on the low side.
The brand Hyve, also known as Cannahyve, has a lot going on. Hyve creates innovative hemp-based products made in the US with a special proprietary terpene blend that mixes perfectly with their Strawberries Apple CBD+CBG Tincture.
Not all tinctures are the same, and this CBD and CBG oil is perfect if you want a proprietary blend with delicious flavoring. With 1200mg of CBD and CBG in a 1:1 ratio, this tincture is perfect if sometimes taking weed-flavoring blends sucks. With its full-spectrum, organic hemp formula, Hyve has a pretty strong tincture going on.
- Decent price
- Hefty 1200 mg dose (CBD and CBG)
- Strawberry and apple-flavored
- High-quality hemp extract
- Flavoring might not be up everyone’s alley
Medterra is an incredible brand if you want products that are nature-based, with all the science and lab reports to back them up. Not only do they provide high-quality products, but they also create some of the best CBG oil in this list.
The Medterra | CBG+CBD Tincture 1:1 Ratio comes in two potencies, 1000mg or 2000mg of total cannabinoids in a 30ml dropper bottle. This product also uses a full-spectrum formula, which is perfect for making the best of the entourage effect and boosting both CBD and CBG’s effects. This tincture has no special flavor, so it’s great if you want to avoid flavors or want to use it for cooking.
- Uses a full-spectrum formula with a high dose
- Does not use any special flavoring or taste
- Uses both CBD and CBG, with both 500mg or 1000mg of each
- This tincture can be a little pricey due to the product quality
10. Lazarus Naturals
Lazarus Naturals is an incredible hemp brand that uses high-quality ingredients, formulas, and general superfoods to enhance its hemp products. We actually love their CBG tincture because it is one of the best isolates on the list and the hemp marketplace in general.
This product comes in a 30ml dropper bottle, with a 1500 mg potency. As a CBG isolate, this tincture has nothing else besides the Cannabigerol-infused oil at an extremely high quality. That also means that this product does not have any flavor, and has no CBD or THC traces whatsoever.
- Best price for a CBG-isolate in the list
- Strong potency with 1500mg of CBG per dropper bottle
- Fully organic hemp supplement
- Completely flavorless, perfect for cooking or trying on its own
- CBG isolate might not work for chronic pain and symptoms
11. Bluebird Botanicals
Last on the list but never in our hearts, there’s Bluebird Botanicals. This award-winning Colorado-based brand is perfect if you like everyday CBD and hemp products without getting complicated. And their CBG & CBD Tincture – Uplift Oil Blend is perfect for feeling renewed during the day.
This brand’s tincture has 7.5mg CBD and 7.5mg of CBG per serving, making it about 450 mg per 1 oz bottle. Enriched with limonene and other terpenes, this CBG oil naturally has a light lemony flavor. As with other products, this tincture has coconut as its main carrier oil.
- Organic, full-spectrum formula
- Perfect for newbies and people who are just starting in the cannabis world
- The light lemon flavor might be great for people who like to add it to drinks or desserts
- Has a great price for a 1:1 formula
- Not the best dosage for chronic pain or ailments
How We Made Our Top Choices for Best CBG Oils
To choose our top 11 products, we checked the different hemp brands based on their extracts’ quality, customer service, and overall CBG quality. Some of the CBG oil for sale in these dispensaries have either great pricing, quality, or a mix of pizazz with their extract choice, terpene blend, or even general dosage.
CBG Oil: Frequently Asked Questions
What is CBG vs CBD Oil?
The difference between CBD and CBG oil is the main component that each tincture has. Cannabidiol is a compound often paired up to increase CBG’s potency and acts in a similar place in the endocannabinoid system.
How Much CBG Oil Should I Take for Sleep?
If you want to take CBG oil for sleep, we recommend a 12.5mg dose. If you have discomfort, chronic pain, or other symptoms, consider using a 25mg potency or a CBD and CBG formula.
Does CBG Oil Get You High?
No, CBG should not get you high, but everyone is different. Since it is considered a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, you won’t feel intoxicated with CBG oil.
This small guide checked some of the most important things when looking for CBG oil for sale. Specifically, we’ve gone over the benefits and general pros and cons of cannabigerol, how to use it, and the best potency. We also looked for the best CBG oil brand, with some different big names here and there.
Remember that CBG-only products can get on the pricier side, so we recommend trying CBD and CBG mixed products for stronger doses. Or, if you want to use the entourage effect on your day-by-day activities, a full-spectrum formula is the best option.
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you purchase products featured here. Please consult your doctor before starting any new supplement to see it is right for you.