It’s so easy to infuse cannabis into nearly anything! Check out my recipe for a healthy lemon yogurt almond loaf, featuring Laurie Wolf’s Cannabis Flour.
Recipe (10 servings)
1 cup almond flour
1 cup all purpose flour
¼ cup cannabis flour (about 2 grams of cannabis)
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup yogurt
½ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
zest of 1 medium lemon
¼ cup olive oil + extra to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix dry ingredients – almond flour, all purpose flour, cannabis flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients – yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, and lemon zest.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Add in ¼ cup olive oil.
- Coat a loaf pan with olive oil (line with parchment paper if desired for easier removal).
- Pour batter into loaf pan, and gently bang on table in order to distribute batter evenly throughout.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before eating.
I love to slice this bread up, butter it up, and then dollop some jam on top.
Eating it on its own is delicious, too.
With edibles, it is recommended to start with small amounts, assess the feeling, and then ingest more if desired after 1 hr. You can always have more, but it will take a while to get out of your system if you have too much.
For me personally, I love the effects of cannabis, no matter what degree I experience with it. From lighter sessions to more intense, it all teaches me something and offers an experience that helps me dive deeper inside myself.
It brings to light what I need to do in order to heal myself, whether that is sleeping, eating, playing, being creative, or laughing.
Mary Jane is my dear friend, and helps me connect deeper with my true best friend: myself.
Try out this recipe for yourself, and see what recipes you normally bake that can easily be converted to a cannabis-infused treat!
Stephanie Zhu is a freelance writer covering the sectors of health & wellness, cannabis, and sustainability. She is also a healer, a massage therapist, and Reiki practitioner. Learn more about her at themysticdreamer.com, and on Instagram as @themysticdreamer.