Vivosun VS2000 Review
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you purchase products featured here.
Back in the day, growing your own herb was something that very few people did openly – and getting caught doing it carried hefty legal charges.
Nowadays, plenty of states allow you to cultivate and harvest your own weed for personal use, as long as you abide by state regulations.
If you grow your own flower legally, there are a couple of things you might want to invest in to make your harvest the best it can be. If you’re in the legal business of growing and selling, this is true for you too!
Although some people opt for outdoor grows with natural sunlight, indoor growing definitely has its benefits.
If you’re an indoor grower, a grow light is indispensable. While there are many different kinds of grow lights, we’re going to take this opportunity to talk about one of our favorite LED grow lights: the VIVOSUN VS2000.
About LED Grow Lights
LED grow lights like the VIVOSUN VS2000 have become popular amongst growers, as alternatives to classic fluorescent or HID grow lights.
LED grow lights are user-friendly, low-maintenance, and cost-efficient, which makes them a great option for beginners and also for veteran growers that want to lower their workload.
Let’s get on with the VIVOSUN VS2000 review.
The design is similar to other grow lights in that it’s a flat, 5×5 surface filled with LED lights that can be easily plugged into any outlet.
The VIVOSUN VS2000 has a high PPFD and is optimal spectrum, which basically means it does a great job at photosynthesizing your soon-to-be full-grown plants without generating the kind of heat that could damage them. It’s water-resistant which means you can rest assured knowing that your watering habits won’t damage the light. The multi-light dimming daisy chain makes it easy for you to hook up more LED lights (up to 20!) without the need for unnecessary and pesky wiring. All of these features and more make this an excellent low-maintenance plug-and-play light source.
Benefits of the VIVOSUN VS2000
VIVOSUN VS2000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301 Diodes
- High efficiency: the VIVOSUN VS2000 uses the latest in LED technology to ensure maximum efficiency, thanks to its Samsung LM301 Diodes.
- Low cost: you don’t need more than 200W of electricity to get this baby going, way lower than HID and fluorescent lights out there.
- Dimming personalization: depending on your needs, you can easily dim the lights to adapt to each growing period thanks to a handy dimming knob.
- Full-spectrum light: this device mimics good old sunlight by providing optimal full-spectrum coverage, perfect for all your growing and photosynthesis needs.
- Low noise: because the VIVOSUN VS2000 comes with ventilation holes, you could use fewer fans.
- Low heat: your herb will be safe and sound thanks to the low heat this grow light produces, making sure the growing process protects your crop.
What’s in the Box?
Here’s what you’ll get when you order the VIVOSUN VS2000:
- 1x LED grow light
- 1x grow room glasses to protect your eyes
- 1x pair of rope hangers
- 1x 6ft 120 voltage power chord
We’ve already gone through the benefits the VIVOSUN VS2000 has to offer, but let’s explore how it compares to alternative light sources and discuss some pros and cons. Let’s start with the good stuff.
- The built-in ventilation holes push the heat up and away from your plants, keeping them cool and the noise level way down so you can turn up some tunes without sound pollution.
- It’s so easy to use. Instead of spending your time figuring out how to set up your indoor grow light, working out trial and error setups to minimize heat damage to your plants, the VIVOSUN VS2000 just needs to be plugged in directly to the wall and hung up over your plants. Gives you enough time to dabble in other hobbies (or head out into the sunset and spark up a joint).
- While the jury’s still out on this one, some reviewers point towards a more resinous bud when using LED lights.
- The fact that you only need 200W to power this baby up, makes it a great cost-efficient way to get your buds growing taller, fuller, and more reliably.
Not everything can be perfect, but don’t let that stop you. While the VIVOSUN VS2000 has a lot of great aspects, here are some things to keep an eye out for.
- If you decide to go for a higher voltage version of this grow light (it’s available from 100W to 400W), you might need some extra ventilation to prevent your growing space from heating up too much and harming your darling plants.
- It might come with a bit of a learning curve if you’re used to other types of grow lights. But hey, nothing some practice can’t fix.
- Some LED lights might get slightly smaller yields per watt than other grow lights, but the low effort might just make it worth it as long as you take good care of your plants.
- LED grow lights usually need more space between them and the plants, so you’ll want to make sure your grow space is tall enough to yield the best results.
VIVOSUN VS2000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301 Diodes & Brand Driver Dimmable Lights Sunlike Full Spectrum with Grow Room Glasses for Seedling Veg & Bloom Plant Grow Lamps for 4x2/3x3 Grow Tent
Whether you’re just beginning to grow or have been in the growing game for a while, the VIVOSUN VS2000 is a great option for efficient, low-cost, and effective plant growth.
It’s always best to research grow lights and ensure they cover your needs, but this is a great one for small to medium-growth spaces and first-time growers.
For a more in-depth look, check out this review by YouTuber Chad Westport:
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you purchase products featured here. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.