Pulsar Rok review: a dual-use e-rig with style
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you purchase products featured in this content or purchase from vendors featured here. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.
If you are on the hunt for a new dab rig and you want to upgrade your arsenal to be a little more modern, taking a look at the Pulsar Rok is something we recommend. This is a state-of-the-art electronic dab rig that comes to us from a very famous brand name.
What you get here is a top-notch dab rig that uses a variety of revolutionary pieces of technology to provide you with one of the best dabbing or vaporizing experiences of your life. It can be used with oil or dry herb.
This is our Pulsar Rok review, and you’re about to find out everything there is to know about it. We’re going to cover the brand, the design, the main features, and so much more.
What is a Pulsar Rok Electric Dab Rig?
The Pulsar Rok is a state-of-the-art type of dab rig. What’s so cool about it is that it is like a combination of a dab rig and a vaporizer. In terms of the design and appearance, it certainly looks more like a dab rig than anything else.
It features a large body with a water chamber in the bottom and a bucket to place your extracts in. However, like a vaporizer, it actually comes with an atomizer, or in other words, a little chamber to place your concentrates.
This is unlike an old-school dab rig that has a nail that you must heat up and then touch your dabs or other concentrates. Instead, it’s more like a vaporizer in the sense that you just put your concentrates inside of the chamber, place the chamber in the dab rig, and then press a button to vaporize.
How to Use an Electric Rok Dab Rig
Using this particular dab rig is actually very easy. First and foremost, simply take the carb cap off of the chamber. You can then place your concentrate of choice inside the chamber. It then has three different voltage settings for you to choose from; low, medium, and high.
This should provide you with the ideal vaping experience regardless of your definition of ideal. Don’t forget to fill some water into the water chamber below. Once you have filled the water into the chamber, insert your concentrate, choose the voltage level, simply press the button and pull on the mouthpiece.
Pulsar Rok Review
Now that you know the basics about the Pulsar Rok Electronic Dab Rig, let’s take a much closer, in-depth look at it.
About the Brand
If you are looking for an industry-leading brand that produces some of the highest quality vaping and smoking accessories, then Pulsar is definitely a great option to consider. Pulsar is led by a team of seasoned and expert cannabis connoisseurs that know exactly what the average cannabis consumer wants.
Although they do have a good business sense, these are not primarily businessmen looking to make money, but rather cannabis connoisseurs looking to provide you with a great product.
They have used their own knowledge, skills, and expertise to create what are effectively some of the very best electronic dab rigs on the market, as well as related products. If you are looking for a trusted brand name with a massive lineup of products that are always being improved, Pulsar is it.
We personally love the design of this electronic dab rig. In terms of the size, it’s only 7 inches tall. It’s more than big enough to provide you with an enjoyable vaping experience while also being small enough to remain portable.
On that note, it is made out of rather solid materials, so durability is not a problem. It might be a bit heavy due to the all-metal body and the glass chamber at the bottom, but we’d rather have something slightly heavy and durable than something that’s lightweight and fragile. We also like the overall shape of the unit because it’s ergonomically friendly.
It’s designed to be very easy to hold and can be operated with a single hand. There’s also the fact that it just looks pretty neat too. There are many awesome design elements to speak of still, which we are about to cover in the features and benefits section below.
Features & Benefits
While researching this Pulsar Rok review, we found the device has a whole lot of features that need covering, so this is going to be more of a rapid-fire approach.
- Right off the bat, one of our favorite aspects here is that this unit comes with an all-metal body, including a metal mouthpiece. Yes, it may be slightly heavy, but an all-metal body also translates to a whole lot of durability. Even the beaker base that is made out of borosilicate glass is about as durable as humanly possible. This is the kind of electronic dab rig that might just survive a couple of big drops.
- Speaking of the filtration base, here you can fill some water into it for adequate vapor filtration. It comes with a disc percolator as well as a diffused downstem. These two features together allow for the vapor to be greatly diffused into small bubbles so that it cools down and becomes much less harsh. This, therefore, allows for a fantastic vaporizing experience.
- This unit comes with a 30-second mode that continuously heats your concentrates, so you can pull for up to 30 seconds at a time without actually having to press the button. It’s definitely a convenient feature that many people can take advantage of.
- What also stands out about the Rok is that it comes with a quartz cup and a ceramic cup, both of which do not have any coils. Sure, coils are perfectly fine, but they do break. Not having any coils allows this unit to last much longer, barring any unforeseen circumstances. On that note, here you get a cup for concentrates and one for dry herbs. Yes, you can change the cups so you can vaporize both concentrates and dry herbs in the Rok. This automatically makes it one of the most versatile electronic dab rigs on the market.
- This unit also features three voltage settings to choose from. There is a low, medium, and high setting. This means that you should be able to choose the voltage or temperature that works best for your dabbing needs. That said, it could have more precise temperature control or at least a few more settings to choose from.
- The device can also be used with dry herbs, a big benefit for people who like to consume both concentrates and flower.
- The Pulsar Rok Electronic Dab Rig has a 1350 mAh battery. It should last for about 30 sessions, with each session consisting of 5 to 10 pulls. It should be more than good enough, especially for at-home use. However, keep in mind that this unit can take up to two hours to fully charge, which is quite some time. On that note, it also does not appear to have pass-through charging, which means that you can’t use it while it is plugged in.
Ease of Use
In terms of convenience and ease of use, the Pulsar Rok Electronic Dab Rig has to be one of the easiest electronic dab rigs out there. It literally has a single button to control it. That single button is used to turn the unit on, select the voltage, and dab. While compiling the Pulsar Rok review, the ease of use was for sure a top selling point.
Some people may not like it because it doesn’t actually have a display, but the single-button design is more than easy enough to get the hang of.
Furthermore, beyond that, using this dab rig is as simple as filling your concentrate or dry herb of choice into the chamber, putting the cap on, selecting the voltage, and dragging from the mouthpiece.
We do think that this dab rig has good vapor quality. Thanks to the diffused downstem with the disc percolator, combined with the direct air pathway, it does allow for pretty good vapor quality.
Moreover, all of the components here are also very high quality, which does make a difference.
That said, the only downside here is that there are only three voltage settings to choose from, which is fairly limited. For people who like very specific temperatures, this could be a pretty big drawback.
As mentioned above in the features section, the battery life of this electronic dab rig is acceptable, or even better than acceptable.
Lasting for 30 sessions, with each session consisting of up to 10 dabs, is pretty decent. Just keep in mind that you can’t use it while it is charging, and it also takes quite some time to charge.
As far as electronic dab rigs go, this one is fairly easy to clean. Most of the pieces easily come apart and can be cleaned using isopropyl alcohol. The fact that the atomizer doesn’t have a coil in it doesn’t make things a whole lot easier. Make sure to let all components dry before reassembling.
- Very easy to use
- Good battery life
- Very durable
- Can be used for both dry herbs and concentrates
- Great vapor quality
- Perfect size – big enough to use, small enough to carry
- All-metal body
- Trusted brand name
- Only has three voltage settings
- Does not have passthrough charging
Is an Electric Dab Rig Worth It?
Whether or not an electric dab rig is worth it really depends on what your needs and preferences are. That said, keeping in mind that this particular one costs just over $200, we do think that it is well worth the investment.
The simple reality is that with an electronic dab rig like this, you get the functionality of a dab rig combined with the ease of use and quickness of a handheld vaporizer. It might not be the cheapest item in the world, but it also allows for a great vaping experience day in and day out.
Also, keep in mind that with electronic dab rigs, you no longer have to use either an electronic nail or a torch to heat up a metal or glass nail. Instead, all you have to do is press a button like with a normal vaporizer.
If you are a fan of this massive convenience factor, then yes, and definitely worth it. Also, it is important to consider the fact that the hits are a lot smoother than with regular handheld vaporizers, mainly because there is a glass chamber filled with water, along with a diffuser and a percolator.
Pulsar Rok Review Overall Impression
Our overall impression of the Pulsar Rok Electronic Dab Rig is that it is an extremely high-quality unit that provides you with the best of both worlds, the best of vaporizers and dab rigs.
It’s an extremely easy-to-use electronic dab rig that can handle both dry herbs and concentrates. It has fantastic battery life, it’s durable, and it allows for a great vaping experience too.
When it comes down to it, besides a couple of minor drawbacks, we really see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. We hope that this Pulsar Rok Review has been informative for you!
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you click links in this content. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.