Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you purchase links in this content. Learn more about curated content.
Please consult your doctor before starting any new supplement to see if it is right for you.
With CBD becoming a staple in the wellness community, more and more Americans are turning towards cannabidiol to help them deal with things that life throws at them. In fact, over a quarter of the population of the US (a whopping 26 percent) currently use CBD products.
Between the growth of the cannabis industry and the 2018 Farm Bill that legalized hemp-derived cannabis products containing less than 0.3 percent of THC on a federal level, it’s no wonder you’re here. You’re probably curious about CBD drops; the effects, the benefits, and of course, where to get high-quality and effective CBD oils and tinctures.
We’ve got you, no worries. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite CBD drops, oils, and tinctures, as well as providing some insight on frequently asked questions and how CBD drops may be a beneficial habit to adopt into your wellness routine.
- Over a quarter of people in the U.S. use CBD products.
- CBD drops, oils, and tinctures are popular ways to ingest cannabidiol.
- CBD has many potential benefits for general health and well-being.
A Quick Look at the Best CBD Drops
- FOCL Premium Full Spectrum CBD Drops
- Wild Theory Full Spectrum CBD Oil Regular
- BATCH Clarity CBD Oil Tincture
- Botany Farms Live Resin CBD + THC Tincture
- Evn CBD Natural CBD Oil
- Dragon Hemp Relief Tincture
- FAB CBD Oil
- Ichor Full Spectrum CBD Nectar Tincture
- Limitless CBD Full Spectrum Hemp Oil
- Carmen’s Medicinals CBG / CBD Tincture
- Pacific Roots Lemonade CBD Oil Tincture
- Green Roads Full Spectrum Gold CBD Oil
- Somebody CBD Full Spectrum Oil Drops
- Vita Optima CBD Vitality™ Full Spectrum CBD Oil + Vitamins
- Allitom Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Sly Fox CBD Full Spectrum CBD Oil
What are CBD Drops?
CBD drops usually refer to CBD oil, which is created when the compound cannabidiol is extracted from hemp or cannabis into a thick and oily paste that can be mixed with a carrier oil (usually MCT, hemp, or coconut oil). CBD tinctures use a similar process, except they use alcohol-based extraction to steep the hemp.
The extraction and manufacturing process results in sublingual drops that have a specific amount of CBD and may contain other cannabinoids, depending on whether they’re made using full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or CBD isolate.
What’s the difference between the three? Let’s do a quick breakdown.
- Full-spectrum CBD uses the entire hemp plant, including all the terpenes and compounds found in it. This can include up to 0.3% THC if it complies with the 2018 Farm Bill.
- Broad-spectrum CBD is essentially the same as full-spectrum, containing multiple terpenes and cannabinoids, but with one key difference: there’s virtually no THC.
- CBD isolate is exactly what you think it is: pure, isolated cannabidiol that doesn’t include any other cannabinoids.
Benefits of CBD Drops
The benefits of CBD have been widely studied, but there’s still work to be done. Here are some potential benefits of CBD oils, drops, and tinctures, based on the limited research available on CBD right now:
- Epilepsy: we can’t talk about the science-backed benefits of CBD without mentioning the first and only CBD medication approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA): Epidiolex. It can be prescribed to people (usually infants, children, and teenagers) who suffer from seizures caused by rare types of seizure disorders like Lennox-Gastrault or Dravet syndrome.
- CBD is often used to treat pain and inflammation by reacting with the endocannabinoid system, which can reduce intense pain and inflammation whether taken orally or used topically. This is especially useful for people dealing with joint pain, including conditions like arthritis.
- Initial results in studies have also found that CBD may be beneficial for people dealing with anxiety, sleep disorders, depression, and stress.
- While in the midst of an opioid epidemic, it’s exciting to see the potential of CBD to help with addiction management. Early studies indicate that CBD oil may help people who suffer from addiction by reducing activation in the amygdala, where addiction symptoms are often regulated.
- Due to CBD’s potential anti-inflammatory properties, some studies have shown that CBD products may help people deal with skin disease symptoms that can stem from issues like acne, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, skin cancer, itchy skin, and pain.
- Due to the possible anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of CBD, studies suggest that CBD may potentially have neuroprotective markers that can help better the quality of life for people suffering from neurodegenerative diseases like ALS, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
We recommend that you consult with a physician before adding any treatment to your healthcare routine and ensure that you aren’t using CBD as a substitute for, or in addition to, any medication prescribed by your doctor without discussing it with them first. Some medications and treatments could have adverse interactions that you may be unaware of.
Best CBD Drops
FOCL Premium Full Spectrum CBD Drops are one of our favorite CBD oils. Not only is the company led by a team of dedicated professionals who want you to feel better, sleep better, and be more productive, but the quality and reported effectiveness of the products are unrivaled. Also available in broad-spectrum, these CBD drops are made with the whole hemp plant and are designed to help you enjoy greater focus, a more restorative and restful night of sleep, and a feeling of calm and ease during the day.
Wild Theory Full Spectrum CBD Oil Regular is the perfect starter for when you don’t know where to begin in your CBD journey. It’s formulated to be the ideal daily supplement to helps boost health and bring a healthy balance to the mind, mood, and body. With 750mg of CBD oil, it may help you cope with everyday stress, could be great for post-workout support, is filled with antioxidants and nutrients, and is derived from only the purest, most organic, and locally grown hemp that has an earthy and herbal flavor and aroma reminiscent of Mother Nature herself.
Need some clarity? Try BATCH Clarity CBD Oil Tincture to gain perspective, give you an extra edge, and fight off trivial and unnecessary thoughts that occupy the universe of a mind you’ve been gifted. You can expect to feel more productive, motivated, and relaxed as you power through a to-do list, run errands, or go out and about after dropping some of this oil under your tongue and reaping the potential benefits.
CBD live resin is a super concentrated version of cannabidiol that’s basically “alive” – which is why Botany Farms Live Resin CBD + THC Tincture is a perfect fit if you’re looking for an ultra-potent CBD tincture. A hybrid strain with lemon, apple, and earthy notes, the 50mg of CBD and 2mg of THC per serving is enough to have you seeing stars.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re scrambling to make a deadline, giving it your all to achieve a fitness goal, running day-to-day errands, cleaning the house, or trying to wind down after a busy day: Evn CBD Natural CBD Oil is a great choice to help you relax while staying focused and motivated. The broad-spectrum formula is sourced from organic hemp and has zero THC.
Dragon Hemp goes the extra mile, above and beyond the others by providing practitioner-formulated products that are made to treat pain and discomfort that can be caused by injury, inflammation, or overexertion. Dragon Hemp Relief Tincture is not the exception: this tincture includes premium cold-extracted full-spectrum CBD blended with Chinese herbs like corydalis, turmeric, frankincense, and myrrh and is designed to reduce pain and promote blood circulation so you can feel better than ever.
FAB CBD is fabulous, hence the name. FAB CBD Oil is a quick and easy addition to your daily wellness routine that has award-winning full-spectrum hemp extract flavors, like citrus, mint, vanilla, and berry (or go au natural if you’re not into the whole flavor thing). FAB CBD Oil is crafted from premium hemp plants that keep the integrity of terpenes and cannabinoids in the plant, empowering you to enjoy the full depth and potential benefits of the hemp plant.
For a tincture that gives you the complete picture of hemp wellness, check out Ichor Full Spectrum CBD Nectar Tincture. The full-spectrum formula is designed to directly target your endocannabinoid system, helping support the body and the mind in various functions. With a sweet and cooling mint taste, you can expect to enjoy the flavor of this tincture as much as the benefits. Plus, every order of this tincture includes a sample pack of CBD soft gels.
Level up with Limitless CBD Full Spectrum Oil Tincture. The full-spectrum formula offers a synergistic entourage effect that includes all cannabinoids found in the hemp plant, including less than 0.3 percent of THC. The packed punch of cannabinoids is available in five natural flavors that enhance the natural hemp taste: natural, peppermint, lemon, orange, and blueberry.
Carmen’s Medicinal CBG / CBD Tincture is the perfect blend of CBG, known as “the mother of all cannabinoids”, and CBD to give you a complete hemp experience that is mixed with MCT oil to make it easy to consume and straightforward. Carmen’s Medicinals make sure to test all products in their own laboratories, as well as getting them third-party certified to help guarantee premium quality and reliability. All hemp is sourced from farms owned by the brand and other local farmers vetted by them.
Although winter is coming, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the summer flavor of lemonade. Try out Pacific Roots Lemonade CBD Oil Tincture and transport yourself to summer evenings and backyard barbeques. The full-spectrum formula is designed to produce a special entourage effect with the blend of cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes that knock this tincture out of the park and make it a whole-plant hemp experience.
Green Roads Full Spectrum Gold CBD Oil is, in their own words, “the best we’ve ever made”. For an elite wellness experience that rivals flying on a private jet to a mansion in the Hamptons, this premium CBD oil is rich in CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, and THC cannabinoids, designed for a potent and full-spectrum experience. The unmatched ingredients and special blend of cannabinoids offer a punch of 100mg of CBD per serving, plus all the other compounds that pave the road for an entourage effect.
Somebody CBD Full Spectrum Oil Drops are next to none. Somebody (get it?) knew what they were doing when formulating this terpene-rich extract that is of the highest quality, with a complex cannabinoid profile and an earthy and citrusy flavor. The therapeutic effects are a bonus, and taking a serving of these oil drops may have you feeling like a million bucks at any time of the day.
Vita Optima CBD
For a CBD oil that’s blended with vitamins to give an extra boost to your daily wellness routine, check out Vita Optima CBD Vitality™ Full Spectrum CBD Oil + Vitamins. This CBD oil offers a potent dose of full-spectrum CBD, plus vitamins like Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, and Zinc and is designed to support protection, endurance, and balance in your day-to-day life. Without a doubt, this CBD oil is curated specifically to support your path to total body wellness.
allitom Full Spectrum CBD Oil is highly potent! It’s made with clean ingredients and is rich in cannabinoids, with coconut oil to aid absorption and help you achieve optimal wellness. Starting with pure, organic, and raw ingredients, allitom uses a CO2 extraction method to extract, filter, and bottle up this potent oil that has antioxidant properties and is free from unnecessary ingredients, solvents, GMOs, toxins, and chemicals.
Sly Fox CBD
Sly Fox CBD Full Spectrum CBD Oil might be the last on the list, but it’s certainly not indicative of the quality and efficacy. These innovative full-spectrum drops are for those looking for an entourage effect, with phytonutrients, terpenes, and cannabinoids packed into every serving. This blend is designed to amplify the effects of each ingredient and to boost balance and relief so you can feel relaxed and focused. You can use this natural-flavored oil sublingually, orally, or infuse it into your favorite drink or food.
How We Choose the Best CBD Drops
Our standards are high as the sky – because you deserve only the best. When choosing which CBD drops, oils, and tinctures to feature, we made sure to look for the following:
- Transparent brands that prove third-party lab testing and obtain Certificates of Authentication (COA). They are honest about the ingredients they use, avoiding solvents, heavy metals, and other potentially dangerous components.
- We like giving a platform to brands with a mission and values that align with our own: to help people live better, more comfortable, and fulfilling lives.
- We made sure to include a variety of dosages, types of CBD, and other ingredients so you can find what best suits your needs.
What to Look for in the Best CBD Drops
When on the lookout for CBD drops, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Stay away from brands that don’t follow security and safety measures that are third-party lab tested, and are transparent about ingredients, dosages, and potency.
- Make sure you pick CBD products that work for your specific needs, whether that’s pain management, general wellness, well-being, stress, or other issues life throws at you.
- Do your research before buying any product.
- Always speak to a medical professional before buying CBD oil, drops, or tinctures to make sure it’s safe for you to do so depending on whether or not you take other medication.
CBD Drops FAQ
How to Use CBD Drops
To use CBD drops, simply fill the dropper, place it under your tongue, and push down the bulb to release the oil. Let it absorb sublingually for about 45 seconds to a minute and a half.
Will CBD Drops Make You High?
Since CBD isn’t psychoactive like THC, it shouldn’t make you feel high or have any mind-bending effects. It is uncommon to feel any side effects but it’s good to know that if you do experience unexpected side effects, get in touch with a medical professional.
How Long Does it Take for CBD Drops to Kick In?
It takes around 30 minutes for the effects of CBD drops to set in, although it can take a bit less or more time depending on each individual’s metabolism, weight, and chemistry.
CBD drops are an easy and straightforward way to enjoy the potential benefits of CBD. Whether you’re stressing out about work, responsibilities, or finances, dealing with pain and inflammation, having issues falling asleep, or dealing with symptoms of various diseases and conditions, CBD oil may be a helpful hand in easing symptoms and giving you a better quality of life.
Remember to talk to a medical professional before ingesting or looking for any of the Best CBD products.
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you purchase from links in this content. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.