Best nighttime gummies
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you purchase products featured in this content or purchase from vendors featured here. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.
If you have trouble sleeping at night, then some of the compounds contained in both hemp and cannabis may be able to help you out. In case you didn’t know, both THC and CBD, as well as a variety of other cannabinoids, have the potential to help you get a better night’s sleep.
With that being said, there are literally hundreds of different nighttime or sleep gummies out there. This means that choosing the right one for your needs can be fairly difficult. There are so many options that it can make your head spin. However, this is exactly what we are here to help you with today.
We have put together a list of the top six best nighttime gummies that the market has to offer. However, before we talk about them, we want to cover the basics of cannabinoids and sleep. Let’s find out exactly how your favorite strain might be able to help you get that good night’s sleep that you’ve been (somewhat) dreaming of.
- THC, CBD, CBN, and CBD, in certain doses, can all help you sleep better at night.
- Nighttime gummies may also contain other sleep aids like melatonin, L-theanine, GABA, and more.
- Always look at the brand, product reviews, cannabinoids, potency, and third-party testing when choosing such edibles.
- Between 20 and 50 mg of CBD should be enough to help promote good sleep.
A Quick Look at the Best Nighttime Gummies
Here’s a quick glance at the top six best nighttime gummies for sleep.
- Otter Space Lunar Sleep Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies – Editor’s Choice
- FAB CBD Sleep Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies Formula
- Boston Hemp Nighttime CBD Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies with Melatonin
- Batch CBN + CBD Nighttime Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies with L-Theanine
- Charleston Hemp Collective Night Crawler Nighttime Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies with CBD, CBN, CBG
- Chill Frog ZZZs Gummies: Best Nighttime CBD Gummies
Potential Benefits of Nighttime Gummies for Sleep
Nighttime gummies typically contain THC, CBD, CBG, CBN, and other cannabinoids. They may also contain other components or ingredients that can help you get a good night’s sleep, such as L-theanine, melatonin, and more.
Depending on the number of these ingredients used, nighttime gummies may have some (or all) of the benefits mentioned below.
- These nighttime gummies may be able to help decrease anxious thoughts, stress, and anxiety. If you are in a better and happier mental state, it’s much easier to fall asleep.
- Nighttime gummies may also contain ingredients that act as sedatives. In other words, they contain ingredients, such as THC and melatonin, that actually make you feel tired and sleepy.
- Nighttime gummies may also contain ingredients that help to relieve pain and inflammation, therefore making it easier to sleep.
- THC is also known to help decrease nausea, so if you’re feeling nauseous, some nighttime gummies could help you on this front as well.
Pros and Cons of Nighttime Gummies
Let’s take a quick look at all of the potential advantages and disadvantages that come with using such nighttime gummies.
- Nighttime gummies may certainly help provide you with a good night’s sleep and, depending on the ingredients, could also have other benefits on the side.
- Dosing is simple and convenient.
- With gummies, as opposed to vaping or smoking, there is no risk to your respiratory system.
- When you use edibles, as opposed to smoking or vaping, a lot less active cannabinoids are wasted. Therefore, you tend to get the best bang for your buck. When cannabinoids are ingested, their effects are more pronounced since they’re processed in the liver instead of the lungs, making them much more cost-effective.
- Some of these edibles can actually double as some fairly tasty and enjoyable snacks.
- Eating edibles for sleep can be a double-edged sword. Yes, they will likely put you to sleep, but they might also make you sleep too long and make you feel groggy when you wake up. Because THC and other cannabinoids last for so long when ingested, you might still feel the effects when you wake up.
- Some edibles may produce gastrointestinal side effects, or in other words, an upset stomach.
- The other slight downside here is that cannabinoids take a long time to take effect. It may very well take up to two hours until you feel the effects of nighttime gummies.
How do Nighttime Gummies Help You Sleep?
We already covered this above, but let’s just provide you with a quick recap of exactly how nighttime gummies may help you sleep.
- The ingredients contained in these gummies may act as sedatives that actually make you feel tired and sleepy.
- Nighttime gummies often contain ingredients that help to potentially relieve pain and inflammation, therefore making you feel much more comfortable.
- The ingredients contained in nighttime gummies may also be able to help reduce anxious thoughts, depression, and nervousness. This, therefore, could help put you in a better mental state and makes you better able to sleep.
What is Typically in Nighttime Gummies?
There are a variety of ingredients that might be present in nighttime gummies, so let’s take a quick look at the most common ones.
A common ingredient in sleep gummies is THC. This could be Delta-9, Delta-8, or Delta-10 THC. That said, Delta-9 THC is the best when it comes to sedation. That said, there are legal issues with Delta-9 THC. The 2018 Farm Bill has legalized Delta-9 THC, but it is only considered legal when it makes up 0.3% of the product’s dry weight. Either way, THC typically acts as a sedative, so there’s a good chance your nighttime gummies will contain a little bit of it.
CBD is known for having the potential to relieve pain and inflammation, for reducing stress, and for acting as a new regulator. CBD is, therefore, often used in sleep gummies.
CBG is a cannabinoid found in cannabis and hemp plants. CBG has a variety of potential benefits, with one being a sleep aid. It is non-psychoactive in nature, so it won’t make you high, but it can make you feel calm and relaxed.
We then have CBN, another common component of nighttime gummies. CBN is mildly psychoactive, but you probably won’t feel it unless you ingest large amounts. It is something that may act as a sedative and help calm you down.
Many of these products will also contain melatonin, a hormone produced in the brain produced when it gets dark outside, therefore signaling to you that it is time to sleep. When you take melatonin, it signals to your brain that it’s time to go to bed.
This is an amino acid that can be found in mushrooms and in various teas. This amino acid helps to promote relaxation by potentially reducing anxiety and stress levels.
This is a chemical found in the human body, which is believed to help increase levels of serotonin. Higher levels of serotonin are associated with lower levels of depression and anxiety. It’s much easier to sleep if you’re not feeling anxious.
This is actually an evergreen shrub that can be found in Africa and Asia. One of the main benefits it has is its potential to help reduce stress and calm down your mind.
GABA, or gamma-aminobutyric acid, is a neurotransmitter that helps to send and deliver messages in your brain. It helps to block various signals in your central nervous system, which in relation to sleep, helps produce a calming effect on your mind.
This is a flower, or technically a climbing vine, native to South America, Central America, and the southeastern United States. This plant is well known for being an effective treatment for sleep and anxiety issues.
CBN vs CBD vs CBG
Let’s just take a quick look at the main differences between CBN, CBD, and CBG. First, CBD is by far the most common of these three cannabinoids, and it occurs in the highest quantities out of all three.
First, CBD is minimally psychoactive, and it is known for acting as a calming agent, it helps regulate mood, and can help relieve pain.
We then have CBG, which is not nearly as common as CBD and is a bit more expensive. It is well known for having the potential to treat depression, and anxiety, and to help relax your muscles.
We then have CBN, the only one of the three that is mildly psychoactive. It may produce a very mild high, and it acts as a sedative. When all three of these are combined together, what you get is a potent nighttime gummy that will definitely help you get a good night’s sleep.
Best Nighttime Gummies
Now that we’ve covered all of the basics, let’s take a closer look at the top six best nighttime gummies for sleep.
1. Otter Space Lunar Sleep Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies – Editor’s Choice
These Otter Space Lunar Sleep gummies come complete with thirty pieces per container, with each piece having both 25 milligrams of CBD and 15 milligrams of CBN. This combination of cannabinoids should absolutely help you get a good night’s sleep, and help relax you overall.
Furthermore, this product has been third-party tested to ensure that it falls within the limits as set out by the 2018 Farm Bill. It is also made with extremely high-quality ingredients, including naturally derived hemp grown in the USA.
All the ingredients here are natural, and these gummies also don’t contain any pesticides. Furthermore, this product is also gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan-friendly. On a side note, people do seem to enjoy the Raspberry flavor.
2. FAB CBD Sleep Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies Formula
Photo Courtesy of Fab CBD
These sleep gummies from FAB CBD come with a wide variety of ingredients that will help you sleep at night. This includes 750 milligrams of CBD, spread out across 60 pieces, for 12.5 milligrams of CBD per piece.
Besides the broad-spectrum CBD, these gummies also contain L-Theanine, 5-HTP, Melatonin, Ashwagandha, and GABA. All of these ingredients come together to help promote a good night’s sleep.
These gummies are also free of gluten, fat, and dairy. They also don’t contain any sweeteners, artificial colors, or artificial flavors. Furthermore, this product has been third-party tested to ensure that it falls within that legal limits and it does not contain any harmful ingredients. We do like how the hemp used here is organically grown and farmed in Colorado.
3. Boston Hemp Nighttime CBD Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies with Melatonin
The Boston Hemp CBD Gummies feature 25 mg of CBD per gummy, with 60 gummies per pack, for a total of 1500 mg of CBD per package. On a side note, these gummies also contain a very small amount of melatonin. CBD and melatonin act together to help you get a good night’s sleep.
These gummies have a very enjoyable grape flavor. Furthermore, this product has been third-party tested to ensure it falls within all legal limits and is completely safe for consumption. We do also appreciate how this product is made with extremely high-quality naturally-derived cannabinoids.
4. Batch CBN + CBD Nighttime Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies with L-Theanine
What you get here is a combination of ingredients that should certainly help put you to sleep. First, these gummies come complete with 25 milligrams of passion flower extract and 50 milligrams of L-theanine per gummy.
Each gummy also comes complete with 15 milligrams of CBN and 25 milligrams of full-spectrum CBD oil. Keep in mind that each comes complete with 30 pieces.
Furthermore, this product should not get you high as it does not contain any psychoactive compounds. The hemp used here is 100% organic hemp grown in Wisconsin, plus it is non-GMO, and third-party tested. This product falls within all legal limits as set out by the 2018 farm bill.
5. Charleston Hemp Collective Night Crawler Nighttime Gummies: Best Nighttime Gummies with CBD, CBN, CBG
If you are looking for a combination of cannabinoids to help put you to sleep, then these gummies are a good option to consider. Here, you get either 10 or 30 gummies per package, depending on your product of choice.
Each gummy comes complete with 10 milligrams of CBD, 5 milligrams of CBN, and 5 milligrams of CBG. Something we do appreciate about these gummies is that they are environmentally-friendly and do not contain any animal products of any kind.
Yes, this product has also been third-party tested to ensure that it falls within legal limits in regard to Delta-9 THC. We do also appreciate how all of the ingredients used here are completely natural.
6. Chill Frog ZZZs Gummies: Best Nighttime CBD Gummies
The Chill Frog Gummies come up with 30 gummies per package, with each gummy containing 25 milligrams of CBD, as well as a healthy amount of melatonin. An important thing to note with this gummy is that it’s the only one on our list that contains trace amounts of THC as well. If CBD alone doesn’t have enough of a kick for someone like you, the added THC should do the trick.
These ingredients together should definitely help you get a good night’s sleep. These gummies have, of course, been third-party tested to ensure that they are both safe for consumption and legal. They come in a rather enjoyable citrus flavor.
How We Made Our Top Choices for Best Nighttime Gummies
Just so you know that the products we recommend are high-quality, let’s take a look at the factors that we consider when choosing the top product to recommend.
We always pay attention to the brand itself. We like choosing brand names that are transparent, open, reputable and have a proven track record. We want to know who is in charge of the brand, where it is located, that it follows all rules and regulations surrounding hemp and cannabis, and that people are generally happy with said brand.
The next thing we always take into account is product reviews of individual products. Yes, we want to know that the brand name itself is reputable, but we also want to know that the individual products are just as good. We like choosing products with hundreds, if not thousands, of positive reviews.
We are talking about nighttime gummies for sleep, so cannabinoid content and quantities are very important. Ideally, we look for cannabinoids such as THC, CBD, CBG, and CBN, and preferably a combination of all of the above.
Other Sleep Aids
We did also choose our products based on the other ingredients, mainly things like melatonin and other sleep aids that may be able to help increase the efficacy of the gummies in question.
The potency or strength of the gummies in question is important too. Some may only contain 5 or 10 milligrams of a certain cannabinoid, and others may contain hundreds of milligrams. The stronger the product in question, the better it will help you sleep.
We also pay attention to third-party testing. This means that every product should be tested by an independent laboratory. The results must state that the product does not contain any heavy metals, pesticides, or other toxic components. The results must also state that the product in question falls within the legal limits of Delta-9 THC as set out by the 2018 Farm Bill.
Cost & Shipping
Although it’s not the first thing we look out for, we do choose products that aren’t going to cost you a fortune. This is especially true if multiple retailers are selling virtually the same product for vastly different prices.
Nighttime Gummies for Sleep: Frequently Asked Questions
Before we call it a day, let’s just answer your most pressing questions about nighttime gummies for sleep.
How Many Nighttime Gummies for Sleep?
How many gummies is not the question here, but rather how much of the included cannabinoids. If we are talking about something like CBD, for a beginner, somewhere between 20 and 50, milligrams should do just fine. but always start low and go slow.
How Strong are Nighttime Gummies?
There is no clear answer to this question, as different products contain different cannabinoids and different amounts of those cannabinoids. Every person also reacts to these products in a different way, so as mentioned above, be sure to start with a low dose and work your way up if needed.
Are Nighttime Gummies Legal?
As long as the products in question fall within the limits and regulations set out by the 2018 Farm Bill, they are totally legal. All of the products mentioned on our list fall within the legal limits of Delta-9 THC.
Are Nighttime Gummies Safe?
Nighttime Gummies, particularly those made with cannabinoids and submitted to third-party testing, should be safe. The various cannabinoids that we recommend are in no way proven to be toxic, life-threatening, or anything of the sort. Yes, they may produce some mild side effects, such as gastrointestinal upset, headaches, red eyes, dry mouth, and so on and so forth, but nothing overly serious.
Now that you know what the top six best nighttime gummies for sleep are, you can make an informed decision about them. Always take into account all of the main considerations that we talked about above, and you should have no problems choosing the ones that work best for you.
Hearst Newspapers participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may earn a commission when you click links in this content. Our professional curators independently research and recommend products and services, with no newsroom involvement. Merchants can pay for a sponsored listing and may choose to rewrite their summary. When that happens, we label the listing as “Sponsored” and highlight it in grey to differentiate the merchant-provided content from our writing.